Over the Years I have used many stud dogs for breeding from all over the World. Finally after 35 years I have some kind of “rules.” Which I think are a must if you want to find a really great producer. Here are some of my tips how to recognize and find a good stud dog:
- Stud dog must have a great mum who is a really good producer herself.
- Ideally stud dog comes from big and healthy litter.
- This stud dog has good quality brothers and sisters too.
- Stud dog is full of power and there something about him – the charisma is there.
- Stud dog makes a great big picture – you can easily draw & visualize his outline and shape. Do not get lost to “tiny details or picking faults” of unimportant things.
- Stud dog must have very strong libido and mating itself is piece of cake for him.
- Stud dogs lives easy life & hopefully any medication is not needed in his life.
- His parents are alive and well or they had a long life. Stay away from dogs who do not live easily over 10 years.
- This stud dog you found has not been used all too much.
- You just know deep inside : THIS IS IT. Without this feeling don´t do it.
The real stud dog has a great mum. He comes from the big and healthy litter. The big picture and shape is there with a true charisma. He mates easily and comes from a long living family. You just know this is it. BISS Int & Nord & Est Ch Chic Choix Parti Alexander has been a great example of all this. He is 10 years of age and he still give me vibes.